Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 8:
- 1 Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- 2 Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- 3 Repair diary: table of contents
Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleanedCrap! I was too impatient with let it dry - had to sand my fingerprints from the wheel fork and paint it once again.
Also cleaned the front wheel ball-bearings. Looks like new now.
Wednesday, 13. May 2009:
Ball-bearings from the Titanic
Keep myself busy with many little workings.
Derusted and cleaned some ball-bearings and small parts. Also cleaned the motor attachment.
I tried again to clean the body. The only way to get it back to bright white seems to be intensive scrubbing with sponges and toothbrushes.
I was thinking about how to build in the gear hub. There would be enough space if I move the electronics box.
The plan is to drive the gear hub with one chain (red) and connect the gear hub and rear axle with another chain (green):
This certainly requires a sort of a dropout (blue) to be developed to attach the gear hub. But the main problem at present is to find a suitable sprocket which could be mounted on the gear hub.
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal