Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 7:
- 1 Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- 2 Frame and wheel fork painted
- 3 Repair diary: table of contents
Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel forkDone!
With much sand paper and much much work input I removed all rust from the frame.
Glad to finalize this now.
And to ensure that this will stay this way I applied a rust-protective finish.
Painted the wheel fork and the brake levers with zinc spray.
The chassis will be painted with zinc spray too.
But therefore I have to wait for the protective lacquer to dry.
Monday, 04. May 2009:
Frame and wheel fork paintedI admit: the sunny weather sabotages my work enthusiasm.
But you cannot work all time anyway.
Nevertheless I painted the chassis with zinc spray today.
Also painted the brake levers and the wheel fork again.
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal