Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 12:Sunday, 12. of July 2009:
I am frustrated!On a beautiful Sunday I made a big test drive with the Sinclair C5 today.
Unfortunately I noticed thereby aplenty of little and bigger problems.
And to make matters worse the gear hub mountig deformed while I tried switching the gears:
Thursday, 23. of July 2009:
Puky is cannibalised againToday I demounted the C5 again to remove the deformed gear hub mounting.
Thereby I noticed the small heap of junk in a corner of my shop wich was formerly the Puky childrens bike.
I took the angle grinder and look what we got here: maybe this could be a nice and strong new mounting...
But to do so it must be welded. Since I was thinking about attaching a disc brake to the rear axle which requires welding too, I'm now thinking about buying my own welding equipment.
I always wanted to have such a toy anyway...
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal