Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 6:
- 1 Sanding the frame
- 2 Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- 3 A soap opera
- 4 Repair diary: table of contents
Sanding the frameStarted with sanding the frame. Just surface rust on the upside; but quite persistent rust on the bottom side.
I'm out of sand paper!
Friday, 01. May 2009:
Front wheel dismounted and sandedToday is general holiday. So no new sand paper.
Disassembled the front wheel. Ball-bearings should be cleaned and greased.
Invested much time searching the net for a new and lighter front wheel with spokes - but found nothing suitable.
So I will keep the original front wheel for the present.
Saturday, 02. May 2009:
A soap operaObtained new sand paper and worked the chassis further.
As like with the wheel fork this is a hard and dirty job too.
But I make progress...
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal