Repair diary Sinclair C5 - Page 4:Sunday, 26. April 2009:
The "ant cave"Replaced TR3 by a BC547 (first NPN transistor I found in my junk box) -> relay working again; electronics now full functional! Yee-ha!
Next building lot: cleaned the chassis and removed the front wheel fork. The steering ball-bearings need a general overhaul too. One is even missing a ball
Wheel fork looks inside like an ant cave. Used the Dremel extension to mill all the dirt out.
Then handled the rusty spots on the wheel fork with sand paper. Originally, thought about just to sand here and there but the more I abrase the more rust I find. In the end I will have to polish the entire fork.
Monday, 27. April 2009:
Rust, rust, rustToday I polished the rest of the wheel fork and painted it with zinc spray.
There are still some rusty spots inside the pipe remaining. This will be handled with rust converter.
Sanding is a very dirty drudgery.
Enough for today. I need a shower.
Repair diary: table of contents
- Page 1Prelude
- Page 1A new project
- Page 2Demounting and first problems
- Page 2Fighting with steering bar
- Page 3Exhumation of a motor
- Page 3Let there be light!
- Page 4The "ant cave"
- Page 4Rust, rust, rust
- Page 5Sanding, sanding, sanding
- Page 5Sanding the brake attachment
- Page 6Sanding the frame
- Page 6Front wheel dismounted and sanded
- Page 6A soap opera
- Page 7Finished with sanding the frame, painted the wheel fork
- Page 7Frame and wheel fork painted
- Page 8Painted the wheel fork once again, front wheel ball-bearings cleaned
- Page 8Ball-bearings from the Titanic
- Page 9A Puky gives its life
- Page 9An electric toothbrush with some real power
- Page 10Back to work!
- Page 10Gear hub mounting
- Page 10Chain and other things
- Page 11Reflector stripes, assembly, new problems
- Page 11Trailer hitch and more
- Page 12I am frustrated!
- Page 12Puky is cannibalised again
- Page 13I am Iron Man!
- Page 13Gear hub mounting finished
- Page 14Front wheel rim made of steel
- Page 14Make it street legal